Coach supervision – in London, or online
The success of any intervention depends on the inner being of the intervener.”
— Otto Scharmer
The benefits of coaching supervision
Coaches that undertake regular supervision truly understand Scharmer’s quote, as they know this is the safe learning space where they can go and resource themselves so they can be fit for purpose.
We can describe the purpose of coaching supervision in three ways:
- It is ‘normative’ – supervision provides you with a safe space to fully explore your professional practice as a coach. We often face ethical dilemmas, which are not black and white; they are ambiguous and are often resulting from your personal values being pushed by the coachee or their organisation. In supervision you can fully explore these in relation to your professional code of ethics so you can be confident in the decisions that inform your work.
- It is ‘formative’ – supervision provides you with a learning space to further develop your coaching skills as a practitioner. Here you can fully explore the art of coaching and hone your EQ, SQ and capability in your 1-2-1 or team practice.
- It is ‘restorative’ – Supervision provides you with a reflective space to fully explore the often unconscious relational dynamics that will be at play in your client work. The intention here is to help you stay resilient, fully resourced and in an objective stance as a coach.
One-to-one coaching supervision
Our 1-2-1 coaching supervision sessions are usually one hour in duration and are face-to-face (usually in London) or virtual.
I use mindfulness, embodiment and systemic approaches within my work. Experience has shown me that these methods will provide you with the opportunity to open up to wider perspectives and the dynamic and multilayered context you are working within. They also offer a creative way of exploring the unconscious relational dynamics at play within coaching, whether this is 1-2-1 or team work.
My intention is always to create a true learning partnership with you, to offer a flexible approach so I can meet your specific development needs and to walk beside you in an embodied presence as you explore the richness of your work.
My approach encourages the use of creative experiments, embodiment and systemic work to help you explore the wider context of your work and how you are interacting with, and impacted by, the systems in which you are working. My experience, both in supervision and as a supervisor, is that this enables and supports a more mindful and resourceful way of working with your clients and developing your practice as a coach. My intention is to create a relational space in which you can fully explore your experience and potential as a coach and share honestly the challenges that you face. We will work closely to create a learning partnership that evolves and adapts with you and your practice.
If you’re interested in finding out more about one-to-one coaching supervision, please feel free to contact us today.
In group supervision, we focus on the relational and systemic field that we work in through the use of constellations and other creative approaches as a method for our exploration. As coach supervisors we have found that these approaches enables our clients to adopt a much needed view of the organisations they work in as an intricate web of relationships, providing a sound platform for exploring the invisible dynamics at play within this field. We also use mindfulness and embodiment approaches to support the development of coaches’ capacity to work within a dialogic space; to use themselves as an instrument and develop their internal supervisor.
Group supervision sessions are usually 3 hours in duration and for a group of six coaches. We offer both face-to-face and online programmes — scroll down to see the dates and fees for both.
Face-to-face group supervision — dates and fees
Our face-to-face coach supervision programmes comprise 4 x 3- hour sessions and take place in London — see below for dates. The fee for the face-to-face programme is £600+VAT. For more information or to participate, please get in touch.
Liz Palmer: Cohort A
- 7 Jan 2022, 9am-12pm
- 8 April 2022, 9am-12pm
- 1 July 2022, 9am-12pm
- 14 Oct 2022, 9am-12pm
Damion Wonfor: Cohort 14 – FULLY BOOKED
- 19 March 2021, 1.30-4.30pm
- 18 June 2021, 1.30-4.30pm
- 24 September 2021, 1.30-4.30pm
- 10 December 2021, 1.30-4.30pm
Damion Wonfor: Cohort 15
- 5 March 2021, 9am-12pm
- 4 June 2021, 9am-12pm
- 10 September 2021, 9am-12pm
- 3 December 2021, 9am-12pm
Damion Wonfor: Cohort 16
- 4 June 2021, 1.30pm-4.30pm
- 10 Sep 2021, 1.30pm-4.30pm
- 17 Dec 2021, 1.30pm-4.30pm
- 4 Mar 2022, 1.30pm-4.30pm
Damion Wonfor: Cohort 17
- 25 June 2021, 9am-12pm
- 24 September 2021, 9am-12pm
- 17 December 2021, 9am-12pm
- 4 March 2022, 9am-12pm
Damion Wonfor: Parsley
- 18 March 2022, 9am -12pm
- 15 July 2022, 9am -12pm
- 7 October 2022, 9am -12pm
- 16 December 2022, 9am -12pm
Damion Wonfor: Chives
- 18 March 2022, 1.30 – 4.30pm
- 15 July 2022, 1.30 – 4.30pm
- 7 October 2022, 1.30 – 4.30pm
- 16 December 2022, 1.30 – 4.30pm
Online group supervision — dates and fees
The online programme comprises 4 sessions. These are two hours long and the next programme dates are below. The fee for the online programme is £500+VAT. For more information or to participate, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Liz Palmer: Cohort B
- 9 April 2021, 10am-12pm
- 23 July 2021, 10am-12pm
- 15 October 2021, 10am-12pm
- 14 January 2022, 10am-12pm
Liz Palmer : Cohort C
- 3 December 2021, 10am-12pm
- 4 March 2022, 10am-12pm
- 17 June 2022, 10am-12pm
- 16 September 2022, 10am-12pm
Liz Palmer: Cohort Thyme
- 1st April 2022, 10am – 12pm
- 8th July 2022, 10am – 12pm
- 7th October 2022, 10am – 12pm
- 13th January 2023, 10am – 12pm
Damion Wonfor: Cohort 5
- 4 February 2021, 11am -1pm
- 13 May 2021, 11am -1pm
- 9 September 2021, 11am -1pm
- 9 December 2021, 11am -1pm
Damion Wonfor: Cohort 6
- 21 January 2022, 10am-12pm
- 1 April 2022, 10am-12pm
- 22 July 2022, 10am-12pm
- 14 October 2022, 10am-12pm
Damion Wonfor: Cohort Coriander
- 11th February 2022, 11am – 1pm
- 27th May 2022, 11am – 1pm
- 13th September 2022, 11am – 1pm
- 8th December 2022, 11am – 1pm
“Damion creates a climate of openness and trust with ease and really meets a client where they are, helping them to build without ever stepping in or on. He holds a safe and bright supervision space in which others are able to really look at themselves and their practice. He does this by being incredibly present, calm, curious, non-judgemental and expansive. He has a wonderful ability to connect with a person and what they are feeling.”
— Internal coach, professional services
“Liz played an invaluable role as my coach supervisor during my Catalyst 14 development. She created an open and judgement-free space for my peers and I to share and reflect which exposed us all to lots of diversity of thought and methodology. Liz also role modelled best practice coaching by asking us thought provoking questions that highlighted further opportunities for growth and practice. As a result, I felt my learning deepen and had a number of ‘lightbulb moments’ during our sessions.”
— Programme participant
More information / get in touch
For more information about coach supervision or to request a consultation, please don’t hesitate to get in touch today.