Coach training for organisations
“Whether we coach, advise, counsel, facilitate, or mentor, the effectiveness of what we do depends in large measure on our beliefs about human potential. The expressions ‘to get the best out of someone’ and ‘your hidden potential’ imply that more lies within the person waiting to be released.”
— John Whitmore
At Catalyst 14, we fundamentally believe coaching is all about change, and this is the essence of our coach training programmes.
We are passionate about developing coaches and coaching skills to help others flourish in the Volatile, Unpredictable, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world of work today and tomorrow. We aim to develop exceptional practitioners that can create deep change and enhanced performance in others.
We have been training coaching skills and running accredited coach training courses since 2009, and have worked extensively across the public and private sectors (including elite sport) both in the UK and internationally. We are at heart deep pragmatists and for us, this informs our programmes in two key ways.
First, our programmes are designed to explore common challenges people bring to coaching. We combine core coaching theory, underpinned by psychological concepts and tools with application grounded in the reality of what our coachees often present in the workplace.
Second, we believe in developing coaches who can work flexibly using a combination of face-to-face, online and telephone coaching methods, all of which will be experienced in our programmes.
Our coach training options for organisations
At Catalyst 14, we work with organisations to enhance their coaching capability and mindset in a number of ways — just follow the links below to find out more about how we can support you.
Internal coach training and ongoing development
We offer a comprehensive range of internal coach training and ongoing development opportunities, including accredited coach training and specialist coach training.
Available in both 1-to-1 and group formats, our coach supervision services provide a learning space that helps coaches further develop their coaching skills as a practitioner.
Coaching leader support
We have designed a suite of support approaches for coaching leaders, recognising the unique challenges their roles bring. These include one to one coaching, a coaching leader network, internal coaching consultancy and more.
Leader as Coach / Everyday coaching conversations
We provide training that will aid leaders and managers in the normal course of their work to undertake coaching style conversations with team members or colleagues.
Available courses and accreditations
We currently provide the following interventions for companies and other organisations:
1. Introductory Coaching Skills workshops / Leader as Coach training programmes
2. Accredited coach training courses to develop internal coaching provisions, including the following certified programmes:
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching
- ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching
- Foundation, Practitioner and Senior Practitioner Level accreditation with EMCC Global including EIA Certification.
Feedback on our work from organisations
- “What keeps us coming back to Catalyst 14 is their people. The facilitators, their admin team and their leaders are a pleasure to work with; professionalism and commitment to the practice of coaching inform all their actions.” — Lou Miller, UCLH NHS Trust Coaching & Mentoring Lead
- “Catalyst 14 have been both informative and insightful in the consultation and design of our LTA Coach Mentoring programme. The EMCC training provided by Damion Wonfor and Liz Palmer was excellent and equipped our coaches for the mentoring challenges ahead, with many of the coaches stating what a transformational impact it has had on their own personal CPD journeys. Alongside this they have provided ongoing tailored peer-supervision to keep the coaches learning and curious as the programme develops. This was alongside superb admin support throughout from Juliette and the team.” — Matt Smith, Coach Development and Learning Manager, Lawn Tennis Association
- Catalyst 14 have empowered our teams across England and Wales to adopt a new approach to managing and developing staff. We have learnt when the shift into coaching within supervision of staff can create deeper growth in individuals supporting them in creative problem solving that comes from within. Working with Catalyst 14 both in training and in leadership circles has increased the confidence of our management and brought peer mentoring that is safe and empowering underpinned by a growth approach and inspiring positive changes that will last. I would recommend working with Catalyst 14.”— Rebecca (Bex) Griffiths, Head of Barnardo’s National Counter Trafficking Service
- “We have a long standing and trusted relationship with Catalyst14. Their robust training courses, CPD events and high quality supervision have helped us develop a strong cohort of internal coaches who deliver impactful coaching across our business. We are proud of this partnership and would highly recommend them.”— Fiona Coghiel, Learning and Talent Development Partner ( EMCC Coach Practitioner), City & Guilds
- “Catalyst 14 is the most exceptional organisation for customer service, coaching skills delivery and leadership coaching. I have had the pleasure of working with Catalyst 14 for several years now and Damion and his team are fantastic to work with. Professional, caring, focused very much on the needs of the individual of organisational needs at all times as well as moving with cultural change and diversity. They provide all of our coaching services at NFU Mutual and the feedback we receive is constantly high and all participants return feeling engaged, energised, listened to and invested in.” — Debs Butler, Coaching & Mentoring Lead & Executive Coach, NFU Mutual
- “Catalyst14 have supported the professional development of our internal coaches for the last few years. I have valued not only their professional delivery especially as we transitioned from face-to-face to online, but also their expert advice and consultancy as we have evolved our internal coaching service which is always above and beyond with a beautiful personal touch.” — Head of Coaching, National Talent Team: Network Rail
Get in touch about coach training for organisations
For more information and to arrange to speak to one of our team regarding your specific needs, just contact us today. If you are interested in training as a coach as an individual, please see our coach training courses section.
Get Free Coaching and Mindfulness Resources
Join our community for free and get a host of free resources, including our guide to becoming a professional coach, access to our coaching webinars, a free mindfulness e-kit and much more.