Our annual CPD event and gathering: ‘Deepening Your Practice’
“This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful: in a word, more alive.”
— Alice Waters
The theme for 2024’s event: ‘Art of Coaching’
On Friday 21 June 2024, we will be holding our next CPD event for our alumni and other professional coaches, ‘Deepening Your Practice.’ The theme of the event will be ‘Art of Coaching’. This has been developed as a result of requests from our Alumni.
“Excellent day, brilliantly organised into the different sessions for ease of login and finding the relevant notes. Catalyst 14 always create such a safe and supporting learning environment so whether I was in the main session, breakout or selected session I was able to feel connected to the whole group (not easy to achieve virtually). High quality speakers who exuded passion, compassion, wisdom and humility.”CPD day participant
“This is the moment when what we need most is enough people with the skill, heart and wisdom to help us pull ourselves back from the edge of breakdown and onto a different path.”C. Otto. Scharmer
Since launching our training courses in transformational coaching, our intention has been to hold an annual event where our alumni can come back together to share experiences and stories, and reconnect with our team and each other. We are calling this a ‘gathering’ as we are aiming to create an intimate and impactful event that reinforces both our ethos and the values we express through our work in developing coaches.
Here is a word cloud created by our alumni at the end of the 2023 event, reflecting their experience of the day:
Here is a word cloud created by our alumni at the end of the 2022 event, reflecting their experience of the day:
And below you’ll find the word cloud from our 2021 event:
The 2024 CPD day will be online following feedback and the success of our previous CPD days.
Our aim is to provide an inspiring virtual learning event that supports your professional development and your coaching practice, whilst continuing to build a network of professional coaches who can share experience and expertise in support of each other, the clients and organisations they serve.
“Connecting with others gives us a sense of inclusion, connection, interaction, safety, and community. Your vibe attracts your tribe, so if you want to attract positive and healthy relationships, be one! Staying connected and getting reconnected feeds the flow of goodness which empowers our humanity.”Susan C. Young
About the event
The day provides an opportunity for you to attend 3 x 1.5-hour online experiential workshops delivered by our faculty and other leading experts. In addition, there will be time to network and reflect on your learning during the day.
Each faculty member has been carefully chosen based on their expertise with the theme of ‘Art of Coaching’ and their relationship with us. The day has been designed to bring together specific topics from our theme that will deepen your coaching as well as support you in building a sustainable, professional coaching practice internally or externally.
More information about the Workshops will be released Winter 2023.
Timetable for the day
08:50 – 09:00 — Arrival and registration
09:00 – 09:30 — Welcome, connection and orientation with Damion Wonfor
09:30 – 11:00 — Session 1
11:00 -11:30 — Break
11:30 – 13:00 — Session 2
13:00 – 14:00 — Lunch
14:00 – 15:30 — Session 3
15:30 – 15:45 — Break
15:45 – 16:30 — End-of-day Networking, Reflection and close with Damion Wonfor
(The cost of attending our gathering is:
- Alumni discounted rate: £100 + VAT
- Non-Alumni: £150 + VAT
This Includes full attendance for the day and x 3 experiential workshops across the x 3 Coach Development Blocks.
If you have any queries about participating, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Feedback from our 2023 CPD day
- “It was an excellent opportunity to reconnect with the Catalyst family and the wider coaching community. The day has been energizing and thought provoking, expanding my views and providing ideas for my coaching practice. Overall, a great day.”
- “Really enriching sessions, great to connect with so many coaches from different parts of world and experience and get a feeling of warmth and compassionate learning.”
- “The day for me was exactly as it advertised: ‘ deepening your practice.’ I had my eyes, ears head and heart opened on multiple occasions throughout the day and was able to put a few small changes into my practice the very next day. Invaluable. Thanks you to all.”
- “Brilliant, as always extremely well organised by Dodie. Catalyst 14 once again shows how they are a professional organisation with a diverse and learned community of practitioners and educators. Feel very luck to be part of it and enormously grateful.”
- “Really enjoyable, good to meet new people, great range of topics. I definitely feel enriched from the day and it is already coming into my conversations this week without explicitly meaning it to. Very lucky to be part of a wonderful group of coaches.”
- “It was uplifting to spend a whole day purely on development and developing our coaching skills. The whole day ran smoothly and I’m taking away a lot to enhance my own coaching.”
Feedback from our 2020-2022 cpd days
- “Very well organised, enjoyed meeting and sharing with other coaches, my first event of this nature, a lovely community. Went away feeling nourished, a good investment of my time. Thanks to all who organised and delivered it.”
- “The sessions were thought provoking and balanced giving a good amount of time for digesting information along with opportunities for questions and conversation. They were pitched well as I had anticipated they might be aimed at those who had been coaching for a long time but actually they were very inclusive to those still relatively new to coaching. Sessions were relevant and grounded in the real world.”
- “I loved the “team” feel that was created from the outset. Very professionally managed and thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you”
- “It was a day dedicated to deepening our understanding and it delivered on that by the bucket load. I thank the speakers and those who I met on the day for such warmth, humility and engagement. I’ll be back!”
- “All beautifully organised as ever and really appreciated the opportunity to connect with the Catalyst 14 coaching community. I felt energised and resourced with terrific information so it really was a CPD day! Thank you.”
- “The day absolutely flew by…it grabbed my interest and love of connecting learning with being part of a ‘tribe’ of people that ‘get this ‘stuff’!”
- “A fantastic day. Some great learning and the support of a lovely community of people.”
- “Fabulous day again this year. Extremely well organised, professional top class learning experience.”
- “Excellent day and brilliantly organised into the different sessions for ease of login and finding the relevant notes. Catalyst 14 always create such a safe and supporting learning environment so whether I was in the main session, breakout or selected session I was able to feel connected to the whole group (not easy to achieve virtually). High quality speakers who exuded passion, compassion, wisdom and humility.”
- “Excellent content, expert speakers, beautifully organised.”
- “The content of every session was fabulous. The break out discussions were nourishing and helped support learning. Also great to network. I thought a full day on zoom maybe too much but the whole day was so rich and inspiring it flew by. I felt privileged to be part of this wonderful community.”
- “The sessions were very interesting with valuable information! It was also great to meet new people.”
- “The event was beautifully organised, with an elegant balance of ideas, techniques, interaction, networking and space.”
- “Excellent facilitation of the sessions. All the session hosts had so much to share about their topics. I loved all the sessions I went to, learnt a lot and felt really empowered and inspired to put my learning back into practice. It was also great to re-connect and connect with other coaches and immerse myself in the day. There were lots of opportunity to speak in small groups. The whole event flowed really well in the virtual environment we were working in. Such a well thought out, well planned and well executed day. I felt so resourced when I left the day. Thank you.”
- “Really enjoyed the variety and networking possibility within this online event. Really well organised and some excellent content thanks.”
Get Free Coaching and Mindfulness Resources
Join our community for free and get a host of free resources, including our guide to becoming a professional coach, access to our coaching webinars, a free mindfulness e-kit and much more.