Damion is an experienced executive coach (Master Practitioner EMCC Global EIA) and leadership facilitator and is Managing Director at Catalyst 14 Ltd. He supports Executives and Senior Leaders across the private and public sectors and elite sport in the UK and internationally. His work in recent years has focused primarily on individuals in a variety of executive leadership roles, mainly at C-Suite level.
He is passionate about building strong relationships with his clients and helping individuals and teams explore their leadership styles and emotional intelligence to make sustainable changes to their behaviour and performance.
He brings a high degree of presence, support and challenge to enable his clients to fully embrace change. His recent executive coaching programmes have been focused on:
- developing a deep level of personal awareness, emotional intelligence and authenticity as a leader
- enhancing personal resilience and key relationships
- navigating a role transition and establishing identity in a new role
- exploring significant career decisions.
His coaching practice is underpinned by the following beliefs:
- The positive nature of all human beings. This means that he sees his coaching clients as being in a self-actualising process – always striving to do the best for themselves no matter what challenges they face or the conditions they are in.
- He believes in the uniqueness and worth of every individual. We all deserve respect for our capacity to move towards our authentic selves and our potential will always emerge at the right time.
- He believes that his coachees are the expert of their own internal world and process. They are the only person who can decide who and how they should be.
- He believes his role is to facilitate the coachee to connect with their congruence, inner resources and the answers and the solutions lie within them.
- He always works hard to ensure his coachees feel seen, heard and understood in a non-judgemental way. He intends to to create a trusting relationship that provides his clients with a safe space in which they feel accepted and can be in touch with their authenticity.
Previously Damion was a partner at a global leadership and coaching consultancy for eight years. His industry experience includes 15 years in senior learning and development roles within large blue chip organisations in the financial and professional service sectors.
His last corporate role was as Global Learning and Development Manager for a professional services firm, supporting 10,000 staff across 40 countries.
“Presence and the relationship is at the centre of my coaching practice creating a safe, non-judgemental and objective space for my clients to truly reflect, learn and develop.”
— Damion Wonfor
- Damion is a member of the EMCC Global, Association of Coaching Supervisors (AOCS) and the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- He holds a MSc in Coaching and Development, is a Master Practitioner (EMCC Global EIA), has an Advanced Diploma in Coaching Supervision (CSA), has a European Individual Supervisor Award, has a Certificate in Systemic Coaching, Certificate in Family Constellations Foundation, Certificate in Family Constellations Applied, Diploma in Interpersonal Mindfulness, Certificate in Integrating Mindfulness and Compassion into 1-2-1 Practice, is a Master Practitioner in NLP, has a Certificate in Training Practice and is a Certified Heartmath Coach.
- Damion is also certified in BarOn Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQi), BarOn Emotional Quotient -360 (EQ-360) and Myers Briggs Type Indicator Step I, TKI and MBTI Step II tools.
- He has also trained as a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher with Exeter University.
- He is currently completing a Diploma in Mindfulness Based Therapeutic Counselling.
More about executive coaching and our coaching pool
You can read more about our executive coaching services and other coaching pool members on our 1:1 executive coaching page.