Introduction to Fundamentals of Transformational Coaching
Create more impact with your coaching style
If you are a senior leader, manager, or work in a HR / learning and development role and would like to develop your coaching style to have more impact in your workplace conversations, then this 2-day highly experiential introductory course is for you.
Taking place in Central London, the programme will introduce you to the background of coaching and the key fields which have influenced its growth and practice. You will learn the fundamental pillars of great coaching conversations and how to effectively structure and facilitate a conversation with a coachee. Critical coaching skills such as embodied listening and insightful questioning will be developed too.
You will then explore how to utilise a range of coaching styles to maximise your impact, and learn the differences between coaching and other development relationships. You will also develop critical skills for developing an effective coaching relationship and contract.
You will be constantly practicing these skills throughout the 2 days and by completing this module you will:
- develop core coaching knowledge, skills and behaviours
- learn how to facilitate a conversation using behavioural coaching models
- apply a range of coaching styles in conversation to maximise performance and impact
- learn key skills such as embodied listening and insightful questioning
- explore how to prepare yourself and others for a 1-2-1 coaching programme
- understand the boundaries of a coaching relationship and how to manage these
- apply insights from neuropsychology to the coaching relationship
- learn how to develop an effective coaching relationship and a 1-2-1 coaching programme
- develop an understanding of the importance of contracting throughout the coaching relationship
- explore the importance of supervision within coaching
- learn to self-reflect and appraise coaching capabilities to identify areas for personal development in coaching, and plan for new learning.
Dates, venue and fees
The next courses take place on the following dates:
- 22 and 23 May 2018
- 15 and 16 January 2019
- 9 and 10 October 2019
The course takes place in Central London, in a comfortable boutique-style venue.
The fee for this course is £750 + VAT. Please familiarise yourself with the course terms and conditions, including payment and refund policies, before applying - and if you have any queries at all, please don't hesitate to contact us.