Mindfulness training London (individuals)
“Being mindful means that we suspend judgment for a time, set aside our immediate goals for the future, and take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”
— Mark Williams
A transformational personal development programme
Many of my clients are in busy organisational roles and unable to attend a group programme. Yet they are seeking to learn ways of managing their reactivity to common experiences such as:
- organisational change
- working in ambiguity
- sustaining performance in a 24-hour ‘on’ work culture
- specific leadership challenges such as developing critical emotional intelligence capability.
To meet these needs, I have developed a one-to-one mindfulness training programme that is delivered over a 9-week period (virtually or face-to-face) combining weekly one-to-one sessions with home practice (supported by virtual resources) and personal coaching. This programme will provide you with a transformational personal development process and a pragmatic way to integrate and sustain a mindfulness practice into your life.
Your experience will be both rewarding and challenging, and I will ask for a high level of personal commitment to your development over the nine week period. Home practice is a large component of the programme, and you will be asked to commit on average 45 minutes per day to various exercises (supported by online resources).
The course is based on the Mindfulness Stress Based Reduction (MBSR) programme, developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979. There has now been much written about the scientifically-researched psychological and physiological benefits of attending this course.
On completion of the programme, participants report:
- Greater resilience and ability to cope with stress
- Enhanced ability to cope with life and work’s events and challenges
- Improved self esteem and key emotional intelligence competencies such as self awareness, self management, empathy and impulse control
- Enhanced capacity to lead and work with organisational and personal change
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for work and life
- Increased ability to switch off from work and truly be at home.
- Session 1 – Introduction to mindfulness
Developing your ability to recognise when you are truly present and when you are not. Learn the ability and benefits of switching your mind out of automatic pilot.
- Session 2 – Our perception, dealing with barriers
Identifying your habitual responses to events in your life and how these tend to control your reactions to challenges and experience.
- Session 3 – Focusing your mind
Learning to focus your attention to gather your mind when it is scattered and reacting to experience.
- Session 4 – Learning to respond rather than react
Learning to see how mindfulness provides you with a wider perspective to enable you to relate differently to your experience.
- Session 5 – Accept, allow and let be
Learning how the attitude of acceptance is a major part of taking care of you and how this provides you with the ability to see more clearly, what if anything needs to change.
- Session 6 – Interpersonal mindfulness
Identifying how stress shows up in your relationships and learning a different way of responding and communicating.
- Session 7 – Taking best care of ourselves
Further developing your awareness and ability to respond rather than react to your life.
- Session 8 – Acceptance and change
Understanding how a regular mindfulness practice will help you to sustain a balance in your life.
As part of this development journey, you will also be invited to attend a 1-day retreat to further deepen your mindfulness training.
Get in touch / more information
For more information or to arrange a consultation, just get in touch today.