Online Foundation certificate in transformational coaching (EMCC Foundation Level Qualification)
“The success of an intervention depends on the inner being of the intervener.”
— C .Otto. Scharmer
At Catalyst 14, we have been delivering highly effective online experiential learning programmes since our inception. Due to the advances in technology, and our belief that coaches need to be highly effective at working online, our courses and events have always made extensive use of virtual learning environments (so coaches can practice working online whilst receiving feedback from our team).
Recently we have further developed our online offering, and are now pleased to provide our popular Foundation Certificate in Transformational Coaching virtually. You’ll find full details below, and if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach effectively
Our online EMCC-accredited Foundation Certificate in Transformational Coaching programme is aimed at:
- senior leaders and managers
- those working in a HR or a learning and development role
- project managers
to equip them with the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach effectively within their existing role or to act as an internal coach. It also provides a foundational training course in developing towards becoming a professional coach.
Participants receive the EMCC Foundation Level Qualification upon completing this course.
By completing this 6-month programme you will:
- develop your self awareness, presence and resourcefulness as a coach
- learn how to build an effective coaching contract and relationship, and manage these over a 1-2-1 coaching programme
- understand and be able to to manage the boundaries for a coaching programme
- define modern workplace coaching and understand the range of coaching styles
- understand the key skills and models for behavioural coaching and be able to apply these in a coaching relationship
- have used a number of different psychological concepts and tools, which generate personal insights in others and enable personal change
- develop the capacity to work face-to-face and virtually as a 1-2-1 coach
- become accredited in a Leadership 360-Feedback tool
- explore the concepts of ethical and professional practice as a coach and learn the importance of supervision within coaching
- build confidence and appreciation of your own coaching style through repeated practise and feedback from our faculty and fellow participants.
Our Foundation Certificate in Transformational Coaching programme includes:
- Group introduction and online classroom orientation
1-hour session where you meet your fellow participants and are walked through our online learning environment.
- 4 Experiential Modules:
Introduction to Fundamentals of Transformational Coaching – 2 days
Coaching Emotional Intelligence – 0.5 day
Coaching and Challenge – 0.5 day
Core Coaching Skills – 1 day
Our modules cover specific coaching topics in a variety of learning styles, introduces key concepts and provide a forum for discussing best practice and the critical conversations that need to take place for you to learn, perform and enjoy being a coach. They also seek to teach you the skills, techniques, and models of transformational coaching to develop your ability to work in increasingly challenging situations. Each workshop combines elements of theory, demonstration and role modelling, practice and discussion about the practical implications of using the new skills and the application in a working context.
- Accreditation in a Leadership 360 Feedback tool
- Workplace Coaching Practice
Throughout the programme, you will be expected to identify and formally coach 2 coachees outside of the workshops. For this level of accreditation you will complete 8 hours of coaching practice.
- Undertaking 1-2-1 Coaching
We believe that to be a good coach you need to have experienced the development journey of being a coachee. It is for this reason we will ask you to be coached and you will receive 4 x 1 hour coaching sessions whilst on the programme.
- Online resources and community
You will have access to our Catalyst 14 Community Learning Hub, our virtual learning and networking space where you can access numerous articles related to your coaching modules, watch videos, webinars and chat with your cohort colleagues and connect with the wider Catalyst 14 community.
- Faculty feedback
You will be observed on each of the modules and receive written faculty feedback against the 8 competence areas at Foundation level. You will also have the opportunity to be video’d whilst coaching on the modules.
- Formal coaching supervision sessions
All participants receive 2 x 2 hour virtual group supervision sessions with one of our accredited coach supervisors.
- Post-programme session
A post-programme session takes place after the completion of the final module (core coaching skills). This enables you to reflect on your learning over the course of their programme. It will also provide you with guidance on the creation and completion of your assessed portfolio of learning.
- Portfolio of learning
A portfolio of learning is a requirement of this programme and provides evidence of your learning and development against the EMCC Competence framework at foundation level. It also includes evidence of your development journey, experience and learning from being coached, as well as a written case study covering your work with a coaching client.
This course is comprised of four modules. See below to find out more about the specific content of each.
Module 1: Introduction to the Fundamentals of Coaching
Our first 2-day module introduces you to the background of coaching and the key fields which have influenced its growth and practice today. You will then learn the fundamental pillars of great coaching conversations and how to effectively structure and facilitate a conversation with a coachee. Critical coaching skills such as embodied listening and insightful questioning will be developed too.
Building on the foundational elements of day one, we then cover key areas such as coaching styles, boundaries and critically developing an effective coaching relationship with clients. We also explore the importance of contracting during the coaching relationship. Finally, we discuss the reflective practice and accreditation requirements for the programme.
By completing this module, you will:
- develop core coaching knowledge, skills and behaviours
- learn how to facilitate a conversation using behavioural coaching models
- apply a range of coaching styles in a conversation to maximise performance and impact
- learn key skills such as embodied listening and insightful questioning
- explore how to prepare yourself and clients for a 1-2-1 coaching programme
- understand the boundaries of a coaching relationship and how to manage these
- apply insights from neuropsychology to the coaching relationship
- learn how to develop an effective coaching relationship and a 1-2-1 coaching programme
- develop an understanding of the importance of contracting throughout the coaching relationship
- explore the importance of supervision within coaching
- learn to self-reflect and appraise coaching capabilities to identify areas for personal development in coaching and plan for new learning
Module 2: Coaching Emotional Intelligence
During this half-day module you will explore the concept of emotional intelligence, applying this both to your own development as a coach and your work with leaders. We will focus on the concept of developing self awareness, and look at the interventions coaches can utilise to develop this within their clients. We also explore the use of 360 degree feedback within coaching programmes, and you will be accredited to use our Leadership 360 Feedback tool.
By completing this module, you will:
- Deepen your capability to work with emotion in a coaching session
- Explore the concept of emotional intelligence and its relevance to workplace coaching
- Understand how to develop an emotional intelligence coaching programme with a client
- Learn a number of different concepts and tools, which generate self awareness in clients
- Explore the use of 360 Feedback tools within leadership coaching and learn how to utilise these instruments effectively and pragmatically within a 1-2-1 coaching programme
- Become accredited in the ‘Insightful Leader’ 360 Feedback tool.
Module 3: Coaching and Challenge
This half-day module will help you work with resistance to behavioural change and support clients in sustaining learning and action between coaching sessions. We also explore the concept of challenge within a coaching conversation and practise interventions to increase the level of development stretch experienced by the coachee. We also deepen your understanding and capacity of working with emotions within coaching to enable change, insight and outcomes.
By completing this module, you will:
- Explore a number of different concepts and tools, which generate personal insights in others and enable personal change
- Understand potential resistance to behavioural change and brain-based approaches to work with this
- Explore the use of challenge to create greater insight and development stretch
- Practise interventions to increase the level of development stretch experienced by the coachee
- Learn practical tools to enable the coachee to sustain their development outside of the coaching session.
Module 4: Core Coaching Skills
This final 1-day module aims to synthesise your learning and development as a coach.
During it, we’ll look at how to help coachees work through organisational change, by developing your ability to use specific models and frameworks to facilitate this. We will deepen your repertoire of coaching skills and interventions, introducing the value of bringing more solution-focused and appreciative approaches to your coaching conversations as a way of generating further insight.
As this is the final unit of this programme, we also learn how to effectively manage the ending of a coaching relationship and explore how you can maintain a professional and ethical practice as a coach.
Finally, we will review accreditation requirements for the submission of your learning portfolio.
By completing this unit, you will:
- explore and apply the concept of the ‘inner game’ to self and clients
- understand how to support a coachee to work with organisational change
- learn how to end a coaching programme effectively
- learn how to use appreciative and solution focused approaches in coaching
- explored the importance of ethical practice as a coach
- continue to learn to self-reflect and appraise coaching capabilities to identify areas for personal development in coaching, and plan for new learning.
Dates and fees
June 2024 Cohort
- Module 1:13 and14 June 2024, 2 days
- Module 2:12 July 2024, half day AM
- Module 3: 6 September 2024, half day PM
- Module 4: 18 October 2024, 1 day
The fee for this programme is £2,500 + VAT. Payment can be made in full or in interest-free instalments. Please get in touch for more details. A place on the course is secured with a deposit of £750+VAT.
Peace of mind guarantee: If you change your mind within 14 days of enrolling you will get a full refund.
“The most significant aspect is the quality of the facilitators. They are exceptional. The quality of delivery and feedback from them was of an incredibly high standard. ”
— Course participant
Get Free Coaching and Mindfulness Resources
Join our community for free and get a host of free resources, including our guide to becoming a professional coach, access to our coaching webinars, a free mindfulness e-kit and much more.