The Embodied Coach | Becoming an instrument for transformational change
Next date – TBC
The purpose of this retreat is to provide coaches with a transformational space to:
- tune into their authenticity, intuition and embodied experience
- deepen their self awareness as coaches
- develop their capacity to use themselves as instruments for change in a dialogic space
- pause, resource and prepare themselves for the coming year.
This is 2 days of CPD in the company of like-minded professionals, exploring such development questions as: how do I work with my presence? Develop myself as an instrument? Develop reflexivity and resourcefulness in the moment? Become more sustainable personally and professionally?
Why is this important?
- Because you know that you are the most important instrument for change! Otto Scharmer, Founder of Theory U, in his book Uncovering the Blind Spot of Leadership, argues that “the quality of the intervention depends on the interior condition of the intervener” (Bill O’Brien, CEO, Hanover Insurances). So, the coaching will only ever be as good as the coach!
- Those who spend their professional (and possibly personal) lives in the service of others tend to put themselves at the back of the queue when it comes to taking time to develop, resource and replenish themselves and to receive support from others. It is a courageous step to take time to resource oneself, and this retreat provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
- In this Volatile, Unpredictable, Complex and Ambiguous world, our resources are being constantly drained. For coaches in this environment, being centred, grounded and ‘present’ enables us not only to work at our best, but to role-model this way of being for our clients. At the end of the day why would an intelligent client bring a professional into their organisation if they appear to be on the edge of burn out themselves?
Who is this retreat for?
Internal and Independent Coaches, Coach Supervisors and Facilitators.
What can you expect to leave with?
- An in-depth connection with your own presence and authenticity in your work, and tools to sustain this.
- A greater access to own somatic and intuitive intelligence.
- A feeling of calm and resourcefulness as a practitioner, ready to face whatever the next few months might bring for you.
- Further development in your own level of emotional intelligence and resilience.
- A deeper sense of ‘your being’ vs ‘your doing’ as a practitioner.
- A greater capacity of ‘self as instrument’ in service of your clients and transformational change.
How will we work together?
- This will be a highly experiential and intimate 2-day residential event with limited spaces, involving individual, paired and group work.
- We will work with interpersonal mindfulness, dialogue, embodied exercises, systemic practice, journaling and silence to help us to truly connect with our presence, sense of purpose and who we are within our work.
- We will make full use of the beautiful location to spend time in the natural world to maximise our reflective practice.
Where and when will the next retreat be held?
Date – TBC
Bore Place, Kent
Our retreats take place at Bore Place near Sevenoaks in Kent.
This is a peaceful and inspiring organic farm, retreat and conference centre, within easy reach of London (30 mins on train).
It is comfortable and relaxing, and the food is amazing – you will eat well and sleep well!
Fees / Early bird offer
We have an early bird offer of £695 (+VAT), including accommodation and food for the 2 days, for bookings made by 31st October 2020. The full price is £795 (+VAT).
For further information or to book a place, please contact us.
What participants have to say
“This programme was exciting, inspiring and unlike anything else I have attended. Things I found particularly valuable were the time and space for deep personal reflection, the focus on often‐neglected aspects of perception such as intuition and somatic senses, and the community of curious and generous individuals who shared the experience with me. It was truly life‐enhancing in a professional and personal sense. I cannot recommend it highly enough.”
— Head of Learning and Development, Professional Services
“I have become so much more aware of my body as a practitioner over the last few years, but this was both a timely reminder and it developed my insights further. I also took away some practical tools that I can use. The facilitation was brilliant – starting with creating the container, and then well-paced, humble but expert facilitation, with a very good level of opportunities to practice.”
— Director and Accredited Coach
“This event was the best developmental experience I’ve ever had. I arrived seriously depleted in energy; my creativity felt at a low point and I wanted more personal focus….I’ve come away with a clear sense of purpose, enhanced creativity and heightened energy. I’m going to pass the details of the coming workshop to colleagues and I would definitely come on this event again.”
— Principle Lecturer, Business School
“This was one of the best workshops I have self-funded. The trainers and participants were incredibly experienced and open which really helped ensure that as a group we benefitted the most from the short time we had together. The retreat surpassed my expectations and the learning and experience from these two days continues to systemically stay with me days / weeks after. My day-to-day being and the conversations I am now having and enjoying after this retreat are transformed (work and home life). Thank you!”
— Independent Coach
“I wanted to find greater spaciousness – in awareness, possibility and physical environment; to let go – literally and metaphorically – of those habits and objects of having and doing which no longer serve me, to (re)discover and express who I am and what I want to contribute; to be fully alive. The Embodied Coach retreat provided me with a wonderful opportunity to engage with this quest: to be calm, to pause, reflect and replenish, and to receive support from others. We invested time and care in mindfulness, physical exercise, connecting with nature, journaling, silence, dialogue and community ritual – honouring somatic, intuitive, mind and heart intelligence and deepening our sense of being and purpose. I offer my warm thanks to Monica Ross and Damion Wonfor for lovingly creating and guiding this profound experience of wellbeing, renewal and regeneration.”
— – Ray Charlton, Accredited Master Executive Coach, Facilitator and Coach Supervisor
“Attending the Embodied Coach Retreat was spell-binding; I talk a lot about the ‘magic’ of coaching as experienced by my clients, but I feel that I too have been dusted with more capacity and resources. I am now able to tap into not just my inner strength, but also to recall the warmth, support and power of Monica and Damion’s presence and all my fellow retreat-ers, to enable me to do all that I want to, with softness and ease.”
— Cara Moore ICF PCC, Executive and Life Coach