Liz Palmer (Coaching Pool)
Liz is an experienced executive coach, coach trainer and facilitator and is a partner at Catalyst 14. She has coached at all levels in both the public and private sector across a wide range of industries.
Liz has a profound belief in helping others be the best they can be and to use their potential to the full. She creates a strong relationship with her clients and works in a non-judgemental way to help them notice and explore what is currently challenging them, and to re-connect them to their values and strengths.
Liz works with individuals and teams so that they can have the greatest impact in both their business and personal lives. She draws on both her personal and professional experience of change to help her clients explore the choices they make, both consciously and unconsciously, and the impact those choices have on their performance.
Her calm and reassured presence creates a supportive and challenging environment in which her clients can take time to reflect, explore and make sense of new insights and experiences. As part of the coaching process she encourages and challenges her clients to experiment with different approaches, enabling them to explore and experience what might otherwise remain hidden. She supports her clients to make sustainable changes in their behaviour which then ripple out into the teams and organisation in which they work.
Previously, Liz was the Faculty lead for ILM and EMCC Practitioner Programmes in a global leadership and coaching consultancy. Prior to becoming a coach, Liz worked extensively in change management, organisation development and talent management. Her earlier career spanned Engineering, Operations and HR in several blue-chip companies including British Aerospace, Gillette and Cadbury Schweppes.
Liz’s youngest son was born with severe autism which meant that she took a long break from her professional career. She became an independent coach in 2011. Part of her own coaching journey has been to recognise the impact her experience of supporting her son’s learning and growth has had on her coaching practice and the way she works with her clients.
“Who I am as a coach has been profoundly shaped by my personal experience beyond my earlier professional career. I work with my clients in a non-judgemental way, holding a mirror up to their experience in the moment and inviting them to make sense of it for themselves.”
— Liz Palmer
- Liz is an Accredited Senior Coach Practitioner with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC EIA) and holds both an Advanced Practitioner and Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching from the Academy of Executive Coaching in London.
- Liz is a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and Association for Coaching (AC).
- Liz has completed a Certificate in Group Facilitation at the Gestalt Centre in London and is trained in Clean Coaching and Emergent Knowledge.
- She holds a first-class degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics from Southampton University.
- She is one of a handful of VoicePrint Master Practitioners, an innovative profiling tool which enables productive and impactful conversations.
- She is a certified user of Myers Briggs Type Indicator Step I & II, Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Instrument and the Insightful Edge 360 and team profiling tool.
More about executive coaching and our coaching pool
You can read more about our executive coaching services and other coaching pool members on our 1:1 executive coaching page.